* 80% have air conditioning,
* nearly 75% have a car or truck and 31% have two vehicles,
* 67% have cable or satellite tv,
* 50% have one or more computers,
* 42% own their own homes,
* 96% said there children are never hungry due to a lack of money to buy food.
Compared to much of the world, these people are not poor. Contrast the poor in the U.S. with other countries like the Domincan Republic. Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols grew up in the Domincan Republic and never considered himself poor because he had one meal to eat a day, while others had none.